Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Seonbyeong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental technology & innovation 2020 v.18 pp. 100744
- cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; chemical bonding; chromium; cobalt; decontamination; foams; iron; nanoparticles; nitric acid; oxidants; radionuclides; silica; stabilizers; surfactants; wastes
- ... The stability and decontamination efficiency of foams containing a fluorosurfactant, stabilizer, and the chemical reagents with HNO₃ and Ce(IV) for the decontamination of Fe–Cr oxide layers containing ⁶⁰Co radionuclides were tested to find their optimum formulation. The stability of foams containing 2 M HNO₃ and 0.5 M Ce(IV) with 1 wt% silica nanoparticles (NPs) is higher for Zonyl TBS (an anionic ...
- Kim, Seonbyeong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2019 v.560 pp. 164-170
- carbon; cobalt; colloids; decontamination; foams; light scattering; liquids; nanoparticles; particle size; porous media; radionuclides; silica; stainless steel; viscosity
- ... A foam with high stability for the efficient decontamination of radioactive materials has been prepared by using well-dispersed mesoporous silica nanoparticles (NPs). Three different types of silica NPs were tested: solvent-extracted mesoporous silica (SMS) NPs, calcined mesoporous silica (CMS) NPs, and commercial silica (M-5) NPs. The stability and decontamination efficiency of the foam prepared ...