Jump to Main Content
- Kim Torchetti, Mia, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Archives of virology 2016 v.161 no.9 pp. 2519-2526
- Influenza A virus; ancestry; etiological agents; farms; game birds; genes; genetic similarity; hemagglutinins; nucleotide sequences; pheasants; phylogeny; sequence analysis; sialidase; viruses; waterfowl; New Jersey
- ... In August 2014, a low-pathogenic H7N3 influenza A virus was isolated from pheasants at a New Jersey gamebird farm and hunting preserve. In this study, we use phylogenetic analyses and calculations of genetic similarity to gain inference into the genetic ancestry of this virus and to identify potential routes of transmission. Results of maximum-likelihood (ML) and maximum-clade-credibility (MCC) ph ...
- Kim-Torchetti, Mia, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Journal of virology 2015 v.89 no.7 pp. 3746-3762
- Influenza A virus; antibodies; antigenic variation; avian influenza; chickens; genes; hemagglutination; hemagglutinins; inactivated vaccines; pathogenicity; prediction; sialidase; strains; turkeys; vaccination; viruses; Indonesia
- ... Vaccines are used in integrated control strategies to protect poultry against H5N1 high-pathogenicity avian influenza (HPAI). H5N1 HPAI was first reported in Indonesia in 2003, and vaccination was initiated in 2004, but reports of vaccine failures began to emerge in mid-2005. This study investigated the role of Indonesian licensed vaccines, specific vaccine seed strains, and emerging variant field ...
- PubMed Central: