Jump to Main Content
- Kinsella, J. M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Journal of parasitology 2018 v.104 no.2 pp. 157-167
- Hymenolepididae; Sorex cinereus; genes; mitochondria; new species; parasitism; ribosomal RNA; Montana; Yukon Territory
- ... Two new species of Staphylocystoides are described from masked shrews Sorex cinereus. Staphylocystoides oligospinosus n. sp. was collected from the vicinity of Missoula, Montana, United States, and Staphylocystoides parasphenomorphus n. sp. was collected from the vicinity of Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada. Morphological differentiation from known species is provided. Both species are morpholo ...
- Kinsella, J. M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Journal of parasitology 2015 v.101 no.3 pp. 382-385
- Heligmosomoides polygyrus; cytochrome b; cytochrome-c oxidase; internal transcribed spacers; loci; phylogeny; voles; North America
- ... Heligmosomoides americanus is shown by molecular phylogenetic analysis of 3 nuclear (28S, ITS1, and ITS2) and 2 mitochondrial (cytochrome oxidase 1 and cytochrome b) loci to be a distinct species of heligmosomid nematode with a long-independent evolutionary history, and not a subspecies of Heligmosomoides polygyrus. Rather than being a recent arrival in North America, the species probably originat ...