Jump to Main Content
- Kirchenbaum, Greg A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Virology journal 2018 v.15 no.1 pp. 17
- Orthomyxoviridae; amino acid sequences; antibodies; antigenic variation; antigens; clinical examination; disease severity; glycoproteins; hemagglutinins; immune response; influenza; influenza vaccination; influenza vaccines; pandemic; people; sialidase; viral proteins; viruses
- ... Influenza virus infection is an ongoing health and economic burden causing epidemics with pandemic potential, affecting 5–30% of the global population annually, and is responsible for millions of hospitalizations and thousands of deaths each year. Annual influenza vaccination is the primary prophylactic countermeasure aimed at limiting influenza burden. However, the effectiveness of current influe ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kirchenbaum, Greg A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Vaccine 2015 v.33 no.1 pp. 108-116
- Influenza A virus; antibodies; antiserum; birds; cross immunity; ferrets; immune response; influenza; marketing; mortality; people; subcutaneous injection; temperature; vaccines; viruses; China
- ... In 2013, avian H7N9 influenza viruses were detected infecting people in China resulting in high mortality. Influenza H7 vaccines that provide cross-protection against these new viruses are needed until specific H7N9 vaccines are ready to market. In this study, an available H7N3 cold-adapted, temperature sensitive, live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV) elicited protective immune responses in fer ...
- Kirchenbaum, Greg A., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.1 pp. E39
- B-lymphocytes; T-lymphocytes; autoantibodies; immunoglobulin E; interleukin-4; mice
- ... γδ T cells can influence specific antibody responses. Here, we report that mice deficient in individual γδ T-cell subsets have altered levels of serum antibodies, including all major subclasses, sometimes regardless of the presence of αβ T cells. One strain with a partial γδ deficiency that increases IgE antibodies also displayed increases in IL-4–producing T cells (both residual γδ T cells and αβ ...
- PubMed Central: