Jump to Main Content
- Kirchholtes, Hermann Josef, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.563-564 pp. 704-712
- anthropogenic activities; aquifers; chlorinated hydrocarbons; groundwater; groundwater contamination; industrialization; mathematical models; mineral water; prioritization; remediation; solvents; springs (water); urban areas; water management; water quality
- ... In general, groundwater in urban areas is exposed to anthropogenic influence and suffers from concentrations of contaminants. Stuttgart, as a highly industrialized city, has more than 5000 contaminated sites which might influence the Stuttgart's mineral water quality. Despite tremendous efforts and intensive single site orientated remediation since 1984 in downtown, the mineral springs were still ...
- Kirchholtes, Hermann Josef, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Grundwasser 2004 v.9 no.2 pp. 119-126
- aquifers; chlorinated hydrocarbons; groundwater; groundwater contamination; isotopes; mass flow; migratory behavior; pollutants; testing
- ... A groundwater contamination with chlorinated hydrocarbons in a fractured rock aquifer (“Keuper”) in the city centre of Stuttgart was investigated by integral pumping tests, isotope analysis and conventional methods. Thereby the lateral and vertical migration pathways as well as the behaviour of pollutants in terms of natural attenuation were determined and described. The quantification of mass flo ...