Jump to Main Content
- Kitenberga, Mara, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 192-201
- climate; fire history; forest dynamics; forest fires; forests; humans; landscapes; national parks; prescribed burning; Baltic Sea; Latvia
- ... Fire has been shown to shape successional pathways and dynamics of forest vegetation. However, its role in European hemiboreal forests remains poorly understood. Here we provide the first annually resolved reconstruction of fire history from the Eastern Baltic Sea region, developed in the pine-dominated landscape of Slitere National Park (SNP), northwestern Latvia, over the last 250 years. Our res ...
- Kitenberga, Mara, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Metsanduslikud uurimused 2018 v.69 no.1 pp. 24-32
- Pinus sylvestris; case studies; climate change; decision making; economic valuation; forest damage; forests; lumber; markets; prices; salvage logging; stems; trees; wind; wind damage; Latvia
- ... In Europe, salvage-logging is a common management activity to partially recover economic value from wind disturbed forests. In the near future, wind damage to forests is predicted to increase due to climate change. Therefore, an economic assessment of wind damage effects on recovered timber value is useful information in the decision-making process. In this study, we aim to assess the influence of ...