Jump to Main Content
- Kiuchi, Tatsuto, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.50 pp. 17499-17507
- calnexin; calreticulin; disulfide bonds; endoplasmic reticulum; erythropoietin; glucosidases; glucosylation; high performance liquid chromatography; interferon-beta; interleukin-8; isomerases; liver; monitoring; oligosaccharides; quality control; rats; spectrometers; transferases
- ... The glycoprotein quality control (GQC) system in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) effectively uses chaperone-type enzymes and lectins such as UDP-glucose:glycoprotein glucosyltransferase (UGGT), calnexin (CNX), calreticulin (CRT), protein disulfide bond isomerases (ERp57 or PDIs), and glucosidases to generate native-folded glycoproteins from nascent glycopolypeptides. However, the individual process ...
- Kiuchi, Tatsuto, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate research 2012 v.364 pp. 41-48
- N-acetylglucosamine; egg yolk; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; endoplasmic reticulum; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrolysis; mannose; mannosidases; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oligosaccharides; protein folding; proteinases; proteolysis
- ... High-mannose type oligosaccharides consist of nine mannose and two N-acetylglucosamine residues (Man₉GlcNAc₂:M9) and play an important role in protein folding processes in the endoplasmic reticulum. A highly efficient preparation method of this asparaginyl-M9-oligosaccharide from hen egg yolk was established by a two-step proteolysis with commercially available proteases and subsequent purificatio ...