Jump to Main Content
- Kivisaari, Kati, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2019 v.28 no.20 pp. 4620-4635
- Clethrionomys glareolus; DNA damage; antigens; beta oxidation; biomarkers; diet; energy metabolism; fatty acid metabolism; fur; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; habitats; immunosuppression; inflammation; ionizing radiation; leukocytes; liver; nitrogen; oxidative stress; radionuclides; sequence analysis; spleen; stable isotopes; voles; wild animals; wildlife; Ukraine
- ... Wildlife inhabiting environments contaminated by radionuclides face putative detrimental effects of exposure to ionizing radiation, with biomarkers such as an increase in DNA damage and/or oxidative stress commonly associated with radiation exposure. To examine the effects of exposure to radiation on gene expression in wildlife, we conducted a de novo RNA sequencing study of liver and spleen tissu ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kivisaari, Kati, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Ecosphere 2019 v.10 no.4 pp. e02667
- Clethrionomys glareolus; accidents; ecosystems; forests; ionizing radiation; irradiation; reproductive success; rodents; Ukraine
- ... Nuclear accidents underpin the need to quantify the ecological mechanisms which determine injury to ecosystems from chronic low‐dose radiation. Here, we tested the hypothesis that ecological mechanisms interact with ionizing radiation to affect natural populations in unexpected ways. We used large‐scale replicated experiments and food manipulations in wild populations of the rodent, Myodes glareol ...