Jump to Main Content
- Klein, Laura L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The new phytologist 2016 v.210 no.1 pp. 343-355
- Vitis vinifera; developmental stages; grapes; leaves; plant morphology; vines; wild relatives
- ... Across plants, leaves exhibit profound diversity in shape. As a single leaf expands, its shape is in constant flux. Plants may also produce leaves with different shapes at successive nodes. In addition, leaf shape varies among individuals, populations and species as a result of evolutionary processes and environmental influences. Because leaf shape can vary in many different ways, theoretically, t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Klein, Laura L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Trends in plant science 2016 v.21 no.5 pp. 418-437
- crops; domestication; environmental factors; equations; microbiome; phenotype; root systems; rootstocks; scions; sustainable agriculture
- ... Grafting is an ancient agricultural practice that joins the root system (rootstock) of one plant to the shoot (scion) of another. It is most commonly employed in woody perennial crops to indirectly manipulate scion phenotype. While recent research has focused on scions, here we investigate rootstocks, the lesser-known half of the perennial crop equation. We review natural grafting, grafting in agr ...