Jump to Main Content
- Klementova, Marta, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2017 v.36 no.5 pp. 364-369
- adipose tissue; blood glucose; body mass index; confidence interval; diabetic diet; glucose; glycohemoglobin; hyperinsulinemia; insulin resistance; intramuscular fat; islets of Langerhans; lipid metabolism; magnetic resonance imaging; mathematical models; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; regression analysis; subcutaneous fat; test meals; tissue distribution; triacylglycerols; vegetarian diet
- ... Objective : The aim of our study was to compare the effects of a vegetarian and a conventional diet on thigh adipose tissue distribution in subjects with type 2 diabetes (T2D). Methods : Seventy-four subjects with T2D were randomly assigned to either follow a vegetarian diet (V, n = 37) or a control group who followed an isocaloric conventional anti-diabetic diet (C, n = 37). Both diets were calor ...
- Klementova, Marta, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Gene 2017
- body mass index; diabetic nephropathy; diabetic neuropathy; genes; genome-wide association study; genotyping; homozygosity; patients; regression analysis; retinal diseases; risk; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Genome-wide association studies have resulted in the identification of the FTO gene as an important genetic determinant of diabetes mellitus. The aim of this study was to confirm the role of this gene in the development of DM in the Czech-Slavonic population and to analyse whether this gene is associated with common DM complications.Two groups of patients (814 with T1DM and 848 with T2DM) and a gr ...