Jump to Main Content
- Klotzsche, Anja, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.524 pp. 680-695
- aquifers; cluster analysis; electrical conductivity; ground-penetrating radar; groundwater flow; image analysis; mathematical models; porosity; prediction; refractive index; sediments; tomography
- ... Spatially highly resolved mapping of aquifer heterogeneities is critical for the accurate prediction of groundwater flow and contaminant transport. Here, we demonstrate the value of using full-waveform inversion of crosshole ground penetrating radar (GPR) data for aquifer characterization. We analyze field data from the Krauthausen test site, where crosshole GPR data were acquired along a transect ...
- Klotzsche, Anja, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Catena 2019 v.180 pp. 146-159
- climate; environmental factors; geophysics; ground-penetrating radar; image analysis; landscapes; latitude; plant growth; regolith; saprolite; soil formation; soil water; soil water content; topographic slope; vegetation cover; vegetation gradient
- ... Many studies have recently shown the potential of geophysical tools in bridging the information gap between individual point-scale measurements. Here, we upscale and extend the point-scale layering information from pedons (excavated pit of 1 m2) using geophysical methods. We applied multi-frequency ground-penetrating radar (GPR) in four study areas in the extreme climate and vegetation gradient of ...