Jump to Main Content
- Klutts, J. Stacey, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2013 v.95 no.3 pp. 373-378
- Agrobacterium radiobacter; Aspergillus fumigatus; gene deletion; genes; genetic engineering; pathogens; patients; population; yeasts
- ... The emerging invasive fungal pathogen Aspergillus fumigatus causes very serious infections among immunocompromised patient populations. While the genome of this pathogen has been sequenced, a major barrier to better understanding the complex biology of this eukaryotic organism is a lack of tools for efficient genetic manipulation. To improve upon this, we have generated a new gene deletion system ...
- Klutts, J. Stacey, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of rural health 2014 v.30 no.3 pp. 322-332
- colonoscopy; colorectal neoplasms; educational materials; health services; hematologic tests; patients; risk; rural areas; rural population; screening; surveys; veterans
- ... PURPOSE: Distance from health care facilities can be a barrier to colorectal cancer (CRC) screening, especially for colonoscopy. Alternatively, an improved at‐home stool‐based screening tool, the fecal immunochemical test (FIT), requires only a single sample and has a better sensitivity‐specificity balance compared to traditional guaiac fecal occult blood tests. Our objective was to determine if F ...
- PubMed Central: