Jump to Main Content
- Knocke, W.R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Water research 2017 v.111 pp. 59-65
- adsorption; aluminum; coatings; drinking water; filtration; manganese; manganese oxides; water treatment
- ... The Mn oxide (MnOx(s)) surfaces of water treatment filtration media are known to aid in the capture of dissolved Mn species, but the discovery of significant deposits of Al within these coatings (Tobiason et al., 2008) raised certain questions about the possible role of Al in soluble Mn removal and the formation of the MnOx(s) surface on the media. This phenomenon was addressed by conducting a ser ...
- Knocke, W.R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2014 v.59 no.6 pp. 587-593
- ambient temperature; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; biosolids; climate; cold; cold stress; critical control points; development aid; gene transfer; genes; horizontal gene transfer; land application; sludge; storage conditions; surface water; wastewater treatment; weather
- ... Prior research suggests that cold temperatures may stimulate the proliferation of certain antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) and gene transfer elements during storage of biosolids. This could have important implications on cold weather storage of biosolids, as often required in northern climates until a time suitable for land application. In this study, levels of an integron‐associated gene (intI1 ...