Jump to Main Content
- Koibuchi, Yukio, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017 v.187 pp. 212-220
- aluminum; cesium; dust; forest soils; iron; nuclear power; pollution; radionuclides; river water; rivers; tires; tracer techniques; weather; zinc
- ... Following the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Station accident, regional road dust, heavily contaminated with radiocesium, now represents a potential source of radiocesium pollution in river water. To promote effective countermeasures for reducing the risk from radiocesium pollution, it is important to understand its sources. This study evaluated the utility of metals, including Al, Fe, and Zn as ...
- Koibuchi, Yukio, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2016 v.92 pp. 87-93
- cesium; monitoring; nuclear power; power plants; radionuclides; rain; rivers; surface area; urban areas; water pollution
- ... After the 2011 nuclear accident in Fukushima, radiocesium was released from the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant and contaminated waters in urban areas near Tokyo. By intensive field monitoring during 3 years, this study investigated the temporal trends and the occurrence of radiocesium during dry and wet weather, and analyzed the variations in radiocesium during rainfall events and factors ...