Jump to Main Content
- Komaromy, A.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2005 v.8 no.2 pp. 113-119
- monkeys; animal diseases; glaucoma; retina; blood flow; peripheral nerves; Macaca mulatta; males; lasers; hypertension; blood capillaries; animal disease models; human diseases
- ... Introduction The blood flow of the neuroretinal rim (NRR) of the optic nerve head (ONH) of the rhesus monkey with laser-induced glaucoma was examined. Methods Argon laser photocoagulation of the trabecular meshwork to induce elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) was performed in one eye of nine normal male rhesus monkeys. The nasal and temporal NRR of the monkey ONH were examined by the Heidelberg r ...
- Komaromy, A.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Veterinary ophthalmology 2005 v.8 no.5 pp. 311-317
- extraembryonic membranes; horses; horse diseases; corneal diseases; tissue transplantation; eyes; vision; medical treatment; Pseudomonas; bacterial infections; mixed infection; mycoses
- ... Purpose Amniotic membrane has antifibrotic, anti-angiogenic and antiprotease properties. This retrospective study was designed to investigate the use of equine amniotic membrane transplants (AMT) at preserving vision, maintaining the structural integrity of the globe and maximizing cosmesis in equine eyes with corneal ulceration and severe keratomalacia. Methods Equine amnion had previously been a ...