Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: konig?
- Koning, Vinzenz, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy policy 2019 v.131 pp. 99-110
- assets; carbon markets; economic incentives; electricity; global warming; issues and policy; models; renewable electricity; solar energy; solar farms; wages and remuneration; wind power
- ... Full decarbonisation of the electricity system is one of the key elements to limit global warming. As this transition takes place, the electricity system must maintain system adequacy and remain affordable to consumers. In liberalised electricity markets investors are seen as key actors driving this transition.Due to the intermittent character of renewable assets, such as wind or solar parks, elec ...
- Koning, Vinzenz, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2013 v.110 no.23 pp. 9295-9300
- computer simulation; droplets; energy; liquid crystals; topology
- ... We stabilize nematic droplets with handles against surface tension-driven instabilities, using a yield-stress material as outer fluid, and study the complex nematic textures and defect structures that result from the competition between topological constraints and the elasticity of the nematic liquid crystal. We uncover a surprisingly persistent twisted configuration of the nematic director inside ...
- PubMed Central: