Jump to Main Content
- Korkotian, Eduard, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2019 v.229 pp. 22-28
- Linaria vulgaris; alcoholic beverages; antagonists; ethanol; flavonoids; headache; neurons; potassium channels; traditional medicine
- ... A major concern in modern society involves the lasting detrimental behavioral effects of exposure to alcoholic beverages. Consequently, hundreds of folk remedies for hangover have been suggested, most of them without a scientific basis, for lack of proper test systems. Over centuries, yellow toadflax (Linaria vulgaris Mill., Lv) tincture has been used in Russian traditional medicine to treat the s ...
- Korkotian, Eduard, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2015 v.163 pp. 220-228
- Melampyrum; action potentials; calcium; dose response; flavonoids; gamma-aminobutyric acid; ingredients; neurons; rats; sedatives; traditional medicine
- ... The aqueous extract of the plant Malmpyrum pratense (Mp), is widely used in traditional medicine as a sedative, yet the biological basis of its action is not known.The effects of Mp on network activity and intrinsic and synaptic properties were studied in cultured hippocampal neurons in an attempt to analyze its mode of action.Dissociated cultures of rat hippocampal neurons were used. Spontaneous ...