Jump to Main Content
- Korolewicz, Teofil, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water resources and industry 2015 v.11 pp. 46-57
- batch systems; boron; crosslinking; endothermy; glycidol; models; moieties; polystyrenes; sorbents; sorption; sorption isotherms; thermodynamics; wastewater
- ... A divinylbenzene cross-linked polystyrene resin with amine functional groups (Purolite A170) was grafted with glycidol and characterized as a novel sorbent, GLY-resin, for the oxoborate removal from model solutions and post-crystallization lye. The sorption behavior of GLY-resin was investigated using a batch system. The results showed that the sorption was maximal at pH=9.5. The equilibrium was a ...
- Korolewicz, Teofil, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental technology 2013 v.34 no.11 pp. 1369-1376
- adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; batch systems; boron; energy; enthalpy; entropy; environmental technology; freshwater; heat production; models; pH; temperature; zirconium
- ... A new adsorbent based on natural clinoptilolite and amorphous zirconium dioxide (ZrO₂) was prepared for the uptake of boron from fresh water. The sorption behaviour of this adsorbent for boron was investigated using a batch system and found to obey Langmuir, Freundlich and Dubinin–Radushkevich (D–R) isotherm models. The ZrO₂ loading level, pH, temperature, contact time, initial boron concentration ...