Jump to Main Content
- Koumare, Sekou, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Pest management science 2019 v.75 no.4 pp. 923-934
- Aedes albopictus; Culex; Culiseta; disease outbreaks; environmental factors; habitats; insect larvae; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; monitoring; mosquito control; pupae; risk; species identification; urban areas; France
- ... BACKGROUND: To prevent the risk of mosquito‐borne disease outbreaks, larval source management remains the most sustainable and effective mosquito control strategy. The present study aimed to determine the influence of environmental characteristics of mosquito larval habitats in an urban area of Marseille, France. Fourteen sites containing water were monitored every 2 weeks from May to October 2015 ...
- KOUMARE, SEKOU, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology 2018 v.145 no.5 pp. 677-687
- Aedes albopictus; Anopheles maculipennis; Culex pipiens pipiens; Culiseta; Ochlerotatus caspius; arthropods; breeding sites; databases; desorption; imagos; insect larvae; laboratory rearing; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; metamorphosis; monitoring; pupae; urban areas; France
- ... In recent years, matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) has emerged as an efficient tool for arthropod identification. Its application for field monitoring of adult mosquitoes was demonstrated, but identification of larvae has been limited to laboratory-reared specimens. Study aim was to test the success of MALDI-TOF MS in correctly identifying ...