Jump to Main Content
- Kouzani, Abbas Z., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2019 v.179 pp. 140-154
- bulk density; clay loam soils; dielectric properties; evaporation; information management; microwave drying; sandy loam soils; silt loam soils; silty clay loam soils; silty clay soils; soil density; soil depth; soil texture; soil water; specific energy; technology; water content
- ... Digital electromechanical system (DES), consisting of automatic sample collection, on-site microwave drying and weighing is a novel technology for soil bulk density measurement. The study investigates the potential use of the DES for in situ measurement of bulk density, and evaluates the thermal efficiency and specific energy consumption during measurement. The experiment was conducted in eight fi ...
- KOUZANI, Abbas Z., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Pedosphere 2018 v.28 no.4 pp. 581-596
- bulk density; calibration; clay soils; drying; equipment; forest soils; gamma radiation; organic matter; regression analysis; soil biological properties; soil density; soil depth; soil texture; soil water content
- ... Measurement of soil bulk density is important for understanding the physical, chemical, and biological properties of soil. Accurate and rapid soil bulk density measurement techniques play a significant role in agricultural experimental research. This review is a comprehensive summary of existing measurement methods and evaluates their advantages, disadvantages, potential sources of error, and dire ...