Jump to Main Content
- Kraus, Brian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2018 v.101 no.11 pp. 9659-9669
- Listeria innocua; Listeria monocytogenes; agar; cross contamination; culture media; dose response; food pathogens; ice cream; listeriosis; pH; pasteurization; protocols; regression analysis; risk; total solids; water activity
- ... Listeriosis is a life-threatening infection caused by foods contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Some of the major ice cream recalls in recent years reaffirm the ability of this food-borne pathogen to survive in diverse dairy processing environments and cause cross contamination. Inspection reports revealed certain lapses in implementing adequate hygienic practices for Listeria persistence in ...
- Kraus, Brian R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plos One 2015 v.10 no.11 pp. e0140338
- Census of Agriculture; aerial photography; agricultural management; algorithms; biosecurity; cropland; data collection; epidemiological studies; farms; food safety; model validation; planning; population; risk management; roads; simulation models; spatial distribution; swine; swine production; temperature; topography; United States
- ... Livestock distribution in the United States (U.S.) can only be mapped at a county-level or worse resolution. We developed a spatial microsimulation model called the Farm Location and Agricultural Production Simulator (FLAPS) that simulated the distribution and populations of individual livestock farms throughout the conterminous U.S. Using domestic pigs (Sus scrofa domesticus) as an example specie ...
- PubMed Central: