Jump to Main Content
- Krieger, Stefanie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.173 pp. 79-84
- accelerometers; algorithms; animal behavior; calves; calving; dairy cows; dairy farming; data collection; dystocia; farmers; monitoring; prediction; tail
- ... Dystocia and stillborn calves are recurring problems for dairy farms, leading to high costs. By implementing a real-time monitoring system, problems could be reduced by supporting farmers to detect the onset of parturition and to intervene in case of dystocia. The hypothesis of this study was that the onset of parturition is detectable through analyses of the movement pattern of the dam's tail, re ...
- Krieger, Stefanie, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2013 v.12 no.2 pp. 547-558
- DNA repair; Staphylococcus aureus; animal pathogens; bacteria; cell division; mass spectrometry; protein synthesis; proteinases; proteolysis; proteome; proteomics; stress response; transcription factors; virulence
- ... In the important human pathogen Staphylococcus aureus the cytoplasmic ClpP protease is essential for mounting cellular stress responses and for virulence. To directly identify substrates of the ClpP protease, we expressed in vivo a proteolytic inactive form of ClpP (ClpPᵗʳᵃᵖ) that will retain but not degrade substrates translocated into its proteolytic chamber. Substrates captured inside the prote ...