Jump to Main Content
- Krischke, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Grass and forage science 2018 v.73 no.2 pp. 510-516
- Epichloe festucae; Lolium perenne; alkaloids; endophytes; forage grasses; fungi; global warming; grasslands; grazing; herbivores; invertebrates; land use; livestock; poisoning; risk; seeds; summer; toxicity; vertebrates; Germany
- ... The common forage grass Lolium perenne has evolved with the systemic fungal endophyte Epichloë festucae var. lolii. The endophyte provides herbivore resistance to the grass due to defensive alkaloids, some of which are toxic to grazing livestock. In this field study, we determine whether distribution of the endophyte‐grass association changes along a land‐use intensity gradient on 87 managed grass ...
- Krischke, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant journal 2003 v.34 no.3 pp. 363-375
- scopoletin; signal transduction; plant pathogenic fungi; oxidative stress; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; Botrytis cinerea; glutathione transferase; gene activation; jasmonic acid; Tilia cordata; Salix alba; Nicotiana tabacum; Arabidopsis thaliana; peroxides; bioaccumulation; Betula pendula; beta-fructofuranosidase; culture media; tobacco; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; biochemical pathways; cultured cells; Rauvolfia serpentina; phytoalexins
- ... Lipid peroxidation may be initiated either by lipoxygenases or by reactive oxygen species (ROS). Enzymatic oxidation of α-linolenate can result in the biosynthesis of cyclic oxylipins of the jasmonate type while free-radical-catalyzed oxidation of α-linolenate may yield several classes of cyclic oxylipins termed phytoprostanes in vivo. Previously, we have shown that one of these classes, the E1-ph ...