Jump to Main Content
- Kristóf, Katalin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Vaccine 2019 v.37 no.1 pp. 99-108
- Streptococcus pneumoniae; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; bacterial pneumonia; carrier state; children; monitoring; patients; serotypes; vaccination; vaccines; Hungary
- ... Young children – the main asymptomatic carriers of pneumococcus – are often the source of pneumococcal infections. PCV13 replaced PCV7 in 2010 in Hungary and it became a mandatory vaccine in 2014. In this work we surveyed the effect of vaccination in three groups: in healthy children under 7 years; in children of the same age but infected with pneumococcus (P1); in older patients (P2) who were ver ...
- Kristóf, Katalin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular immunology 2011 v.49 no.3 pp. 512-517
- digestive system; disease course; disease severity; humans; inflammation; intestinal microorganisms; lymph; molecular mimicry; mortality; pathogens; patients; pneumonia; prediction; proteome; sepsis (infection); symbiosis
- ... We investigated the impact of molecular mimicry between pathogenic microbes and their antigenic surrounding on the clinical course and outcome of pneumonia induced sepsis. Using mathematical prediction, we estimated the mimicry tendency of the identified pathogenic flora of patients with the human proteome as well as intestinal microbes. Since gut bacteria become invasive and hostile in critical i ...