Jump to Main Content
- Kuiken, Dirk, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy policy 2019 v.129 pp. 153-160
- European Union; copper; electricity; monopoly; renewable electricity; trade
- ... The EU goals for renewable electricity cause significant changes of electrical loads in distribution systems, in which most renewable electricity sources are integrated. This poses a challenge for distribution system operators (DSOs) as their networks are not designed for such load changes. DSOs could use networks more efficiently with demand side management (DSM), where consumers of electricity a ...
- Kuiken, Dirk, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy policy 2018 v.115 pp. 78-87
- European Union; cost effectiveness; energy; energy resources; information processing; monitoring; uncertainty
- ... The expected increase in uncertainty regarding energy consumption and production from intermittent distributed energy resources calls for advanced network control capabilities and (household) customer flexibility in the distribution network. Depending on the control applications deployed, grid monitoring capabilities that accurately capture the system operation state are required. In order to esta ...