Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Vijay S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2014 v.329 pp. 375-383
- allometry; basal area; carbon; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; climate; death; deforestation; ecosystem services; ecosystems; forest stands; habitat fragmentation; habitats; humans; resource management; species diversity; stand structure; trees; tropical forests; uncertainty; wood; India
- ... Tropical forests are among the largest terrestrial reservoirs of carbon, and play an important role in regulating global climate. However, as a result of historic and ongoing deforestation, carbon storage in this biome is increasingly dependent on forests that are fragmented and used by humans, with considerable uncertainty about how such disturbance alters carbon storage potential and cycling. He ...
- Kumar, Vijay S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological conservation 2014 v.178 pp. 193-199
- aboveground biomass; conservation areas; conservation status; forests; groves; hosts; issues and policy; landscapes; logging; monitoring; planning; remote sensing; socioeconomics; spatial variation; temporal variation; time series analysis; villages; India
- ... Although the potential for community-conserved areas (CCAs) to extend conservation beyond formal protected areas is widely acknowledged, the scarcity of conservation assessments and monitoring hinders the rigorous evaluation of their effectiveness in many regions. In India, which hosts a high density and diversity of CCAs, the need for more assessments of the ecological and socio-economic properti ...