Jump to Main Content
- Kurian, Martin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1467-1480.e13
- amino acid sequences; biomimetics; condensates; ligands; liquids; oligomerization; proteins; separation
- ... Liquid-liquid phase separation plays a key role in the assembly of diverse intracellular structures. However, the biophysical principles by which phase separation can be precisely localized within subregions of the cell are still largely unclear, particularly for low-abundance proteins. Here, we introduce an oligomerizing biomimetic system, “Corelets,” and utilize its rapid and quantitative light- ...
- Kurian, Martin J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Langmuir 2016 v.32 no.26 pp. 6618-6623
- colloids; crystals; magnetic fields; separation; wavelengths
- ... Suspensions of superparamagnetic colloids that equilibrate in a toggled magnetic field undergo a Rayleigh–Plateau instability with a characteristic wavelength λ = 600 μm for the toggle frequency ν = 0.66 Hz. The instability is suppressed when the chamber length L in the field direction is less than 2λ. The final size of the magnetic domains perpendicular to the field, D, follows a power law relati ...