Jump to Main Content
- Kurzin, Alexander V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of wood and wood products 2019 v.77 no.3 pp. 491-493
- byproducts; desulfurization; ethanol production; hydrolysis; lignin; sodium hydroxide; sulfates; sulfonates; sulfur; sulfuric acid; wood
- ... The hydrolysis (or hydrolytic) lignin as a byproduct of ethanol production is made by the treatment of wood with a sulfuric acid solution. It contains up to 2% total sulfur. This work proposes the hydrolysis lignin desulfurization by acid–base methods. These methods are based on data on the presence of residual sulfuric acid and its reaction products (organic sulfates and sulfonates) with wood com ...
- Kurzin, Alexander V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Wood science and technology 2017 v.51 no.6 pp. 1353-1363
- aqueous solutions; desulfurization; fatty acids; fractionation; hardwood; rosin; soaps; sodium chloride; sodium hydroxide; softwood; sulfates; sulfur; tall oil; waste liquors
- ... Black liquor soap is used to produce tall oil with subsequent fractionation. The main distilled products are tall oil rosin and fatty acids, as well as pitch. The presence of sulfur compounds in tall products limits the number of their end-use applications. The existing methods for tall oil and tall oil-derived products desulfurization are expensive, time-consuming and non-universal. Desulfurizati ...