Jump to Main Content
- Kwon, Seongjin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.244 pp. 1096-1103
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; acetates; aeration; aldehyde dehydrogenase; bioreactors; byproducts; glycerol; glycolysis; metabolic engineering
- ... Production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) or 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) production from glycerol is challenging due to the problems associated with cofactor regeneration, coenzyme B12 synthesis, and the instability of pathway enzymes. To address these complications, simultaneous production of 3-HP and 1,3-PDO, instead of individual production of each compound, was attempted. With over-expression ...
- Kwon, Seongjin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2017
- Escherichia coli; acetates; aldehyde dehydrogenase; bioreactors; enzyme activity; gene expression; glycerol; protein synthesis; transcription (genetics)
- ... Biological 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) production from glycerol is a two-step reaction catalyzed by glycerol dehydratase (GDHt) and aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH). Recombinant strains developed for 3-HP production often suffer from the accumulation of a toxic intermediate, 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde (3-HPA). In order to avoid 3-HPA accumulation, balancing of the two enzymatic activities, in the pr ...