Jump to Main Content
- Kyriakidis, Andreas, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Procedia Environmental Sciences 2017 v.38 pp. 812-820
- bricks; embodied energy; energy efficiency; finite element analysis; heat transfer; insulating materials; temperature
- ... This study examines - by means of numerical analysis - the thermal, environmental and structural performance of an innovative modular masonry system that is currently under development. Focus is given on investigating the response of the system when alternative geometries of brick units are used and different insulation materials are incorporated into the core of the masonry. Heat flux analysis is ...
- Kyriakidis, Andreas, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy 2018 v.161 pp. 1016-1027
- bricks; clay; embodied energy; finite element analysis; heat transfer; models; raw materials; temperature; transmittance; Southern European region
- ... This paper presents a comparative study on the thermal performance and embodied energy of traditional and contemporary walling systems. Three types of building elements were examined: vernacular adobe load-bearing walls, and contemporary thermally insulated infill walls composed of either fired clay bricks or drywall panels. Their behaviour under thermal loads was investigated by means of heat flu ...