Jump to Main Content
- López-Belchí, Alejandro, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy 2019 v.166 pp. 223-235
- ambient temperature; carbon dioxide; climate change; energy; evaporation; global warming potential; hydrofluorocarbons; mass flow; refrigeration; vapors
- ... In recognition of the impact of the refrigeration sector on climate change, global commitments are achieved to replace hydrofluorocarbon substances with more planet-friendly alternatives. In this regard, countries with high ambient temperatures (HAT) face additional problems in identifying suitable alternatives due to the impact of such temperatures on energy performance in vapor compression syste ...
- López-Belchí, Alejandro, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Applied energy 2017 v.202 pp. 112-124
- energy efficiency; environmental impact; global warming potential; heat; heat exchangers; heat transfer coefficient; temperature
- ... In this paper, R32 is investigated as a replacement refrigerant for R410A. The Global Warming Potential (GWP) of R32 is only 675, 32% of that of R410Awhich has a GWP of 2088. Theoretical and experimental investigations are carried out on the performance of the condensation process within a mini-channel tube. Mini-channel heat exchangers technology allows reducing refrigerant charge and lets use fl ...