Jump to Main Content
- López-Díaz, Dulce Celeste, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Renewable energy 2017 v.100 pp. 65-77
- biomass production; biorefining; case studies; feedstocks; freshwater; fuels; renewable energy sources; supply chain; wastewater; water resources; water utilization; watersheds; Mexico
- ... A typical biorefining supply chain exerts substantial impact on the regional water resources. Indeed, a complex relationship exists between the production of biomass, the processing of biomass into fuels and chemicals, the usage of fresh water, and the discharge of wastewater. This paper introduces an optimization framework for the design of a biorefining system while accounting for the interactio ...
- López-Díaz, Dulce
Celeste, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2015 v.3 no.7 pp. 1564-1578
- Geographical Locations; environmental impact; freshwater; industrial effluents; industry; material flow analysis; models; parks; water utilization; watersheds
- ... Industrial facilities impacting a watershed may be clustered into groups based on their geographical locations. Water usage and discharge for each clustered group of industries may be integrated through the introduction of an eco-industrial park (EIP). This paper presents a mathematical programming model for water integration of EIPs to be synthesized with the purpose of mitigating the environment ...