Jump to Main Content
- LARRAÍN, R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Journal of agricultural science 2015 v.153 no.1 pp. 114-123
- Lolium; average daily gain; beef; beef cattle; body weight; carbon footprint; climate change; corn silage; diet; dry matter intake; emissions factor; energy intake; feed concentrates; feedlots; fermentation; finishing; forage; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; hydrogen; meat production; mechanistic models; methane; pastures; production technology; propionic acid; rumen; steers; weight gain; wheat straw; Chile
- ... A mechanistic model (COWPOLL) was used to estimate enteric methane (CH₄) emissions from beef production systems in Chile. The results expressed as a proportion of gross energy intake (GEI) were compared with enteric fermentation data reported in the last Chilean greenhouse gases inventory, which utilized an earlier the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Tier 2 approach. The simulation analy ...
- Larrain, R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.13 pp. 2273-2280
- digestible protein; bacterial contamination; decontamination; Salmonella; feed contamination; mink; proximate composition; animal feeding; energy efficiency; Escherichia coli O157; heat treatment; fish meal
- ... Radiofrequency (RF) heating was investigated as an alternative to cooking, drying or chemical disinfection for the preservation of fishmeal and shown to be a highly effective process without any detectable effects, particularly on proteins, lipids or in vivo digestibility. The uniform and deep penetration of RF waves resulted in rapid and homogeneous heating allowing approximately 4 times lower th ...