Jump to Main Content
- La Valle, P., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Marine environmental research 2019 v.144 pp. 186-193
- asphyxia; coasts; sand; Adriatic Sea; Italy
- ... Nowadays nourishment is the most popular shore reconstruction strategy to counteract erosion of coastal areas. Sediments used for nourishment can have terrestrial or marine origin. This study analysed the effects of nourishment with relict sand on the subtidal macrobenthic communities and on the surface sediment at 7 sites of the Marche Region (Central Adriatic Sea, Italy). Samples for biological ...
- La Valle, P., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2014 v.80 no.1-2 pp. 30-40
- case studies; fauna; fish; lakes; laws and regulations; risk; seagrasses; surface water; water pollution; Italy
- ... The Water Framework Directive uses the “one-out, all-out” principle in assessing water bodies (i.e., the worst status of the elements used in the assessment determines the final status of the water body). In this study, we assessed the ecological status of two coastal lakes in Italy. Indices for all biological quality elements used in transitional waters from the Italian legislation and other Euro ...