Jump to Main Content
- Labrie, Jacques, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Holocene epoch; North Atlantic Oscillation; altitude; climate; glaciers; lakes; snow; temporal variation; watersheds; wavelet; winter; Alps region; Atlantic Ocean; France
- ... Comparison of glacially derived clastic inputs in high altitude proglacial lake Bramant (Western French Alps) with measured North Atlantic Oscillation winter (NAOw) index reveals an inverse correlation between ad 1884 and 1968 at the pluridecadal timescale (20–25 years). This reflects periodical variations in snow accumulation over Lake Bramant catchment area partly influencing the glacier mass ba ...
- Labrie, Jacques, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1331-1338
- Monochamus scutellatus; Picea mariana; Pinus banksiana; bark; boreal forests; boring insects; diapause; economic valuation; financial economics; forest industries; hatching; larvae; larval development; lumber; salvage logging; sapwood; summer; temperature; tomography; trees; wildfires; wood logs; Canada
- ... The whitespotted sawyer, Monochamus scutellatus scutellatus (Say) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae), is one of the most damaging wood-boring insects in recently burned boreal forests of North America. In Canada, salvage logging after wildfire contributes to maintaining the timber volume required by the forest industry, but larvae of this insect cause significant damage that reduces the economic value of ...