Jump to Main Content
- Lahey, Zachary J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of pest management 2017 v.63 no.4 pp. 349-351
- Aleyrodidae; Eulophidae; parasitoids; rearing; Florida
- ... A new host and distribution record is provided for the whitefly parasitoid Baeoentedon balios Wang, Huang, & Polaszek (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae). Specimens were reared from ficus whitefly, Singhiella simplex (Singh) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae), in St. Petersburg, FL, USA, representing the second confirmed host for B. balios , as well as the first record of Baeoentedon Girault from the Western Hemisphe ...
- Lahey, Zachary J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Florida entomologist 2016 v.99 no.3 pp. 535-540
- Bemisia tabaci; Encarsia; Eretmocerus; biological control; eggplants; host plants; interspecific competition; introduced species; leaves; mortality; parasitism; parasitoids; progeny; trichomes; Florida
- ... Classical biocontrol programs usually employ multiple species to control a single pest; however, the beneficial effects are not always additive due to competition between the introduced species. Knowledge of these potentially negative interactions is crucial when determining whether the introductions were successful and the extent to which they influence pest suppression. Here, we report the resul ...