Jump to Main Content
- Lai, Xianrong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 62-67
- DNA barcoding; Hippophae rhamnoides; adulterated products; fraud; functional foods; internal transcribed spacers; melting; polymerase chain reaction
- ... Sea buckthorn (Hippophae), an ancient crop with modern virtues, is increasingly consumed in source of foods and nutraceuticals. The growing demand leads to the adulteration of commercial sea buckthorn products, which is a common form of food fraud. Herein, a high resolution melting assay, targeting a DNA barcoding region of the internal transcribed spacer 2 (ITS2) (Bar-HRM) was developed to identi ...
- Lai, Xianrong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Phytochemical analysis 2012 v.23 no.4 pp. 299-307
- chemometrics; cluster analysis; drugs; liquid chromatography; methanol; pest control; processing technology; quality control; quantitative analysis; rapid methods; traditional medicine; traditional technology
- ... INTRODUCTION: Angelicae dahuricae radix (Baizhi) is a widely used traditional Chinese medicine, for which the traditional processing method has been sun‐drying after harvesting. In recent years this method has been replaced by sulphur‐fumigation for the sake of improving its appearance and pest control. Correct identification of sulphur‐fumigated Baizhi and rapid finding of appropriate chemical ma ...