Jump to Main Content
- Laina, Rubén, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2013 v.56 pp. 221-229
- Quercus pyrenaica; biomass; computer software; coppicing; energy; energy costs; equations; felling; forests; fuelwood; harvesting; mechanization; stems; tree and stand measurements; trees; whole tree harvesting; Spain
- ... Biomass growing stocks, harvesting productivity and costs of energy production, were studied in thinnings of Quercus pyrenaica. Eleven forest sites were selected in coppices located in Castilla y León (Spain). Three systems were employed for harvesting: a mechanised whole tree harvesting (WTH) system, which included chipping at landing; a fully mechanised cut-to-length (CTL) harvesting system for ...
- Laina, Rubén, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2011 v.35 no.7 pp. 2570-2580
- biomass; branches; energy; equations; farms; forests; hybrids; plantations; shredding; stumps; timber production; timber supply; tractors; trailers; trucks; wood; Spain
- ... Residues recovering from traditional poplar plantations for timber production are a potential relevant biomass source in Spain and other temperate countries. Three different residual biomass harvesting systems have been work-studied in order to characterize the work methods and analyze their productivity and cost. Two were oriented to branches, top and/or energy wood collection, chipping and trans ...