Jump to Main Content
- Lalire, Maxime, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Movement ecology 2019 v.7 no.1 pp. 7
- Dermochelys coriacea; adults; beaches; bycatch; coasts; habitats; juveniles; latitude; models; nesting; turtles; Bay of Biscay; French Guiana; Mauritania; Mediterranean Sea; Mediterranean region; Northern Africa; Northwest Atlantic; Portugal; Suriname
- ... BACKGROUND: The Northwest Atlantic (NWA) leatherback turtle (Dermochelys coriacea) subpopulation is one of the last healthy ones on Earth. Its conservation is thus of major importance for the conservation of the species itself. While adults are relatively well monitored, pelagic juveniles remain largely unobserved. In an attempt to reduce this knowledge gap, this paper presents the first detailed ...
- Lalire, Maxime, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.321 pp. 10-22
- Dicentrarchus labrax; case studies; databases; diffusivity; geophysics; hydrodynamics; migratory behavior; models; pelagic fish; temperature; time series analysis
- ... Numerous methods have been developed to geolocate fish from data storage tags. Whereas demersal species have been tracked using tide-driven geolocation models, pelagic species which undertake extensive migrations have been mainly tracked using light-based models. Here, we present a new HMM-based model that infers pelagic fish positions from the sole use of high-resolution temperature and depth his ...