Jump to Main Content
- Landin, Taynan Barroso, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.90 pp. 643-649
- cheeses; cold storage; melting; pH; potassium chloride; proteolysis; proximate composition; rheology; salt substitutes; sensory evaluation; sodium; sodium chloride; texture
- ... The effect of the partial substitution of sodium chloride by salt substitutes on the characteristics of Prato cheese was evaluated. Proximate composition, proteolysis, sensory evaluation, melting capacity, and texture profile were analyzed during 45 days of refrigerated storage. Prato cheese was salted in brine, replacing 40% of sodium chloride by the following salt substitutes: KCl, Sub4salt®, an ...
- Landin, Taynan Barroso, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International dairy journal 2018 v.87 pp. 37-43
- Staphylococcus aureus; cheeses; chewiness; cold storage; coliform bacteria; conjugated linoleic acid; hardness; manufacturing; pH; potassium chloride; proteolysis; sodium; sodium chloride; storage time; water activity; yeasts
- ... The effect of the partial substitution of NaCl by KCl in the following proportions 100:0; 70:30; 50:50; and 30:70 (NaCl:KCl) on the characteristics of Coalho cheese was investigated over 60 days of refrigerated storage. Partial sodium replacement did not affect the physicochemical characteristics, pH, proteolysis indices, water activity, and melting behaviour of cheeses; however, proteolysis, hard ...