Jump to Main Content
- Langaigne, Alana, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2019 v.51 no.5 pp. 598-607
- Blacks; attitudes and opinions; disease severity; eating disorders; eating habits; fetal development; food choices; gestational diabetes; hunger; obesity; pregnancy; sleep; social factors; taste; women
- ... Late-night eating during pregnancy is associated with greater risk for gestational diabetes. The purposes of this study were to describe reasons why women engage in late-night eating and to understand perceptions about changing this behavior.Focus groups using a semi-structured interview script.Urban university-affiliated obstetric clinic.Low-income black women (n = 18) with overweight/obesity at ...
- Langaigne, Alana, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2015 v.9 no.3 pp. 471-478
- Glycine max; absorption; beans; cooking; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; foaming capacity; fructose; granules; hardness; oils; protein solubility; seeds; soybeans; sucrose; vegetables; water holding capacity; Virginia
- ... Physicochemical, functional and microstructural characteristics of the seeds from three vegetable soybean varieties (‘Asmara’, ‘Randolph’, and ‘Owens’) grown in Virginia and their responses to cooking process were investigated. In the three varieties, carbohydrate is the predominant component ranging from 42.4 to 48.1 %, followed by protein (34.2–35.4 %), oil (13.1–17.5 %) and ash (4.21–4.88 %). T ...