Jump to Main Content
- Langehaug, H. R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2019 v.52 no.1-2 pp. 1211-1230
- Earth system science; climate; climate models; heat transfer; ice; salinity; temperature; Atlantic Ocean; Norway; Scotland
- ... The growing attention on mechanisms that can provide predictability on interannual-to-decadal time scales, makes it necessary to identify how well climate models represent such mechanisms. In this study we use a high (0.25° horizontal grid) and a medium (1°) resolution version of a forced global ocean-sea ice model, utilising the Norwegian Earth System Model, to assess the impact of increased ocea ...
- Langehaug, H. R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2017 v.48 no.3-4 pp. 913-933
- Gulf Stream; advection; climate; climate models; heat; ice; prediction; surface water temperature; variance; Arctic region; Atlantic Ocean; Barents Sea; Northern European region
- ... The Nordic Seas and the Barents Sea is the Atlantic Ocean’s gateway to the Arctic Ocean, and the Gulf Stream’s northern extension brings large amounts of heat into this region and modulates climate in northwestern Europe. We have investigated the predictive skill of initialized hindcast simulations performed with three state-of-the-art climate prediction models within the CMIP5-framework, focusing ...