Jump to Main Content
- Larsen, Frederik T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2019 v.96 pp. 93-102
- Infectious bronchitis virus; chickens; farms; flow cytometry; haplotypes; major histocompatibility complex; monocytes; poultry industry; vaccination; vaccines; viral load
- ... Vaccination programs are implemented in poultry farms to limit outbreaks and spread of infectious bronchitis virus (IBV), which is a substantial economic burden in the poultry industry. Immune correlates, used to predict vaccine efficacy, have proved difficult to find for IBV-vaccine-induced protection. To find correlates of IBV-vaccine-induced protection, hence, we employed a flow cytometric assa ...
- Larsen, Frederik T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2019 v.207 pp. 53-61
- Salmonella Infantis; bacteria; blood platelets; blood serum; cell lines; chickens; flow cytometry; fluorescence; haplotypes; homozygosity; immunocompetence; immunoglobulin Y; latex; lymphocytes; macrophages; monocytes; phagocytosis; serotypes
- ... Phagocytic activity of leukocytes in whole blood was assessed as a potential immune competence trait in chickens. A flow cytometry based whole blood phagocytosis (WBP) assay was set up and evaluated using blood from chickens homozygous for four different MHC haplotypes, B12, B15, B19 and B21. Fluorescent latex beads and two serotypes of fluorescently labelled heat-killed bacteria (Salmonella Infan ...