Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: simon?
- Latkolik, Simone, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotechnology advances 2018 v.36 no.6 pp. 1657-1698
- ligands; liver; precision medicine; receptors; selection pressure
- ... Nuclear receptors (NRs) represent attractive targets for the treatment of metabolic syndrome-related diseases. In addition, natural products are an interesting pool of potential ligands since they have been refined under evolutionary pressure to interact with proteins or other biological targets.This review aims to briefly summarize current basic knowledge regarding the liver X (LXR) and farnesoid ...
- Latkolik, Simone, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2419-2428
- anti-inflammatory activity; computer simulation; gamma-aminobutyric acid; inflammation; ion channels; optical properties; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; stereoisomers; stereoselective synthesis
- ... The total syntheses of all stereoisomers of notoincisol A, a recently isolated natural product with potential anti-inflammatory activity, are reported. The asymmetric synthesis was conducted employing a lipase-mediated kinetic resolution, which enables easy access to all required chiral building blocks with the aim of establishing the absolute configuration of the naturally occurring isomer. This ...
- Latkolik, Simone, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2016 v.79 no.6 pp. 1651-1657
- mechanism of action; messenger RNA; protein synthesis; proteome; atherosclerosis; cell viability; Leontopodium nivale; actinomycin D; humans; transporters; macrophages; polymerase chain reaction; Western blotting; cholesterol; transcription (genetics); lignans; half life
- ... Leoligin is a natural lignan found in Edelweiss (Leontopodium nivale ssp. alpinum). The aim of this study was to examine its influence on cholesterol efflux and to address the underlying mechanism of action. Leoligin increases apo A1- as well as 1% human plasma-mediated cholesterol efflux in THP-1 macrophages without affecting cell viability as determined by resazurin conversion. Western blot anal ...
- PubMed Central: