Jump to Main Content
- Latorre-Pérez, Adriel, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Renewable energy 2020 v.146 pp. 1021-1030
- Archaea; Bacteroidales; Isoptera; acidification; ammonia; anaerobic digestion; biogas; magnesium ammonium phosphate; methane production; methanogens; nitrogen; poultry manure; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; total nitrogen; trace elements; volatile fatty acids
- ... This work demonstrates the suitability of nitrogen removal during anaerobic acidification in batch configuration for a more efficient pre-treatment of chicken manure prior to anaerobic digestion. High loading rates corresponding to a total nitrogen input between 6.3 and 9.5 g L−1 allowed successful suppression of methanogenic archaea. To eliminate nitrogen, NH3-stripping and MAP (magnesium ammoniu ...
- Latorre-Pérez, Adriel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.265 pp. 275-281
- Methanosaeta; Methanosarcina; anaerobic digestion; bacteria; biomass; fermentation; genes; grasses; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; liquids; methanogens; microbial communities; microbiome; monitoring; ribosomal RNA; sewage; sewage sludge
- ... In this work, liquid and solid fractions of grass biomass were used as co-substrates for anaerobic co-digestion of sewage sludge. The input of grass biomass was increased gradually, and the underlying methanogenic microbiome was assessed by means of microscopy-based cell counting and full-length 16S rRNA gene high-throughput sequencing, proving for the first time the suitability of nanopore-based ...