Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: coert?
- Le Coent, Philippe, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological economics 2019 v.163 pp. 113-125
- agri-environmental policy; biodiversity; development projects; empirical research; farmers; farms; railroads; social behavior; socioeconomic factors; surveys; windthrow; France
- ... Biodiversity offsetting (BO) claims to slow down biodiversity loss caused by development projects by generating ecological gains mainly through restoration activities conducted on land acquired to this effect. This leads to social conflicts around accessing land, especially with farmers and other land-users. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the opportunities and challenges of implementing B ...
- Le Coent, Philippe, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecological economics 2017 v.142 pp. 120-129
- agri-environmental policy; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; conservation programs; environmental quality; farmers; humans; motivation; public services and goods
- ... In the economic literature on the motivations underlying voluntary contributions to environmental public goods, little attention is granted to the way the overall objective of the environmental program is framed. A program which contributes to an increase of environmental quality can be perceived differently from a program designed to bring back the environmental quality to its original level, aft ...