Jump to Main Content
- Leale, Dustin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2017 v.78 no.6 pp. 702-711
- adults; biomechanics; cats; experimental design; mechanical properties; models; osteotomy; radiography; tooth root
- ... OBJECTIVE To evaluate biomechanical properties of intact feline mandibles, compared with those for mandibles with an experimentally created osteotomy that was stabilized with 1 of 2 internal fixation configurations. SAMPLE 20 mandibles from 10 adult feline cadavers. PROCEDURES An incomplete block study design was used to assign the mandibles of each cadaver to 2 of 3 groups (locking plate with loc ...
- Leale, Dustin M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2016 v.77 no.5 pp. 445-451
- adults; biomechanics; dogs; radiography; tooth root
- ... OBJECTIVE To compare the biomechanical behavior of mandibular critical-sized defects stabilized with 2 plating configurations under in vitro conditions resembling clinical situations. SAMPLE 24 mandibles harvested from 12 adult canine cadavers. PROCEDURES 8 mandibles were kept intact as control samples. A critical-sized defect was created in 16 mandibles; these mandibles were stabilized by use of ...