Jump to Main Content
- Lebech, Anne-Mette, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ticks and tick-borne diseases 2020 v.11 no.4 pp. 101411
- Borrelia burgdorferi; adults; antibodies; benzylpenicillin; blood sampling; blood serum; ceftriaxone; central nervous system; cohort studies; compliance; databases; demographic statistics; erythema; headache; hospitals; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; infectious diseases; intravenous injection; nerve tissue; paresis; patients; taxonomy; tick-borne diseases; ticks; Denmark
- ... The goal of this paper is to characterize the clinical presentation, serological results, current antibiotic treatment practice, including compliance with current European guidelines, and outcome in adults with Lyme neuroborreliosis (LNB) diagnosed at departments of infectious diseases in Denmark.Using a nationwide prospective cohort of patients with central nervous system infections, we identifie ...
- Lebech, Anne-Mette, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ticks and tick-borne diseases 2018 v.9 no.3 pp. 573-579
- Rickettsia; antibodies; blood serum; databases; fever; health services; hospitals; interviews; laboratory diagnosis; medical records; mortality; patients; provenance; public health; rickettsial diseases; surveys; telephones; tick-borne diseases; ticks; travel; vasculitis; Denmark; South Africa
- ... Rickettsia spp. can be found across the globe and cause disease of varying clinical severity, ranging from life-threatening infections with widespread vasculitis to milder, more localized presentations. Vector and, to some degree, reservoir are hematophagous arthropods, with most species harboured by ticks. In Denmark, rickettsiae are known as a cause of imported travel-related infections, but are ...