Jump to Main Content
- Ledezma, L.A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2011 v.104 no.5 pp. 1706-1719
- DNA; DNA barcoding; Epiphyas postvittana; cytochrome-c oxidase; data collection; genes; internal transcribed spacers; moths; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; Australia; California; England; Hawaii; New Zealand
- ... A molecular assay for diagnosis of light brown apple moth, Epiphyas postvittana (Walker) (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), in North America is reported. The assay multiplexes two TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) probe systems that are designed to target DNA segments of the internal transcribed spacer region 2 (ITS2) and 18S rRNA gene. The RT-PCR probe designed for the 18S target recog ...
- Ledezma, L.A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2009 v.102 no.6 pp. 2333
- insect pests; moths; Epiphyas postvittana; plant pests; loci; insect control; etiology; pest identification; insect genetics; molecular genetics; genetic markers; internal transcribed spacers; polymerase chain reaction; gel electrophoresis; agarose; validity; population genetics; genetic variation; geographical distribution; California
- ... A molecular protocol using a hemi-nested polymerase chain reaction (PCR) of the internal transcribed spacer region 2 (ITS2) is reported for the diagnosis of light brown apple moth, Epiphyas postvittana (Walker) (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), in California. This protocol distinguishes the light brown apple moth from other moths in California based on size differences of PCR amplicons that are visualiz ...