Jump to Main Content
- Leenaars, Cathalijn H.C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary behavior 2019 v.31 pp. 22-27
- animal use reduction; chocolate; diet; laboratory animals; males; nutritive value; pellets; rats; Europe; animal use refinement
- ... Food rewards are commonly used as positive reinforcement in rodent behavioral experiments. Bioserv dustless precision pellets and Noyes formula P precision pellets are both used for this purpose in behavioral experiments in multiple laboratories, as they are nutritionally consistent with standard laboratory diets. Because of the nutritional value, they are superior to other positive food rewards s ...
- Leenaars, Cathalijn H.C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2016 v.154 pp. 28-33
- cross-over studies; energy intake; etiology; food choices; food intake; foods; obesity; psychology; questionnaires; risk factors; sedentary lifestyle; sleep; students
- ... Besides the increased sedentary lifestyle and increased caloric intake, changes in dietary composition may play an important role in the increased prevalence of obesity. Because inadequate sleep could be a risk factor in the aetiology of obesity, reliable methods for assessing food intake and food choice after sleep restriction are needed.We translated the Leeds food preference questionnaire (LFPQ ...